- Cow shed (left), biogas system (right)
- The biogas cycle produces methane gas from cow dung.
- Some of the local bovine gang
- Please click on "Donate" in the green header
- Biogas pit
- Lots and lots of cows are needed to keep the fuel flowing.
- More of the biogas components
Cows? Check! Concrete pit? Check! Cow dung = methane = bio-gas?
We need your check to finish off that sentence!
The Elma Barnett Children's Centre and Elma High School strive to be energy independent and sustainable. A bio-gas production tank has been constructed to convert cow manure into methane gas that can be used for cooking. A donation toward this project will provide funds for start-up and will help sustain production by providing food and shelter for the cows who will provide the fuel. The nutritious milk supplied by the cows is served to the children at meals and in their Kenyan chai (tea). A $5,000 donation would complete this project, but any amount helps get the gas flowing.